Sylfen won a funding of 950k€ for the ALTAÏR project (2019-2021), which structures the technical and software organisation plan of its product: the Smart Energy Hub.
While Sylfen will deliver its firsts Smart Energy Hubs in 2020, the R&D road-map aims at launching the first industrial version of the product by the end of 2021. This maturity level will allow Sylfen to accelerate its commercial deployment toward collective building from 1 000 to 10 000m2, on an international scale.
To reach its goal, the ALTAÏR project is divided into 3 development axes:
- Optimization of Sylfen’s core technology, the rSOC energy processor, which consists in qualifing and optimizing all the critical components of this system: rSOC stacks, pumps, heat exchangers, power converters, monitoring and safety equipments, and the associated command control. The objective is to guarantee reliability, performance and competitiveness of the product, as well as the robustness of the industrial supply chain.
- Optimization of the rSOC energy processor hybridation with other Smart Energy Hub’s subsystems:
- The battery module for short-term energy storage
- The compression and hydrogen’s storage module
- The heat valorization module
- The pursuit of Sylfen’s software developments suite, including :
- A multivector EMS (Energy Management System): PASEO, a highly inovative tool to control electricity, gas and heat flows according to the dynamic needs of the customer site
- The pre-sales softwares: ProfilBat and ConfigDym, to define the best configuration of the Smart Energy Hub for each specific customer needs
- New client interfaces (Sylfen App) and back office software tools
While providing support through the ALTAÏR project, BPI-France allows Sylfen to accelerate the improvements of its intellectual proprerty.
This project also contains market and certification researchs, focalised at first on most promising countriesat European perimeter: Italy, Spain, Germany and Belgium. Starting 2021, Sylfen will lead a worldwile study of countries which could benefit the most from the future ’’medium-power’’ Smart Energy Hub, in order to deploy this offer of low carbon, low energy for commercial zones, big campuses, industrial sites and entire neighbourhoods.
Sylfen thanks warmly BPI-France for its support of highly industrial start-ups. With this support, Sylfen aims more than ever for the worlwide technology leadership, making possible a reliable, competitive and low carbon local source of energy.
We are pleased to have been selected by the Ministry for the Ecological and Inclusive Transition, and are now proud to display the GreenTech Verte label. Sylfen is one of the 26 laureates of the last Call for Expression of Interest initiated by the French government to ‘’select the new companies that offer innovations which…Read More
Sylfen won a funding of 950k€ for the ALTAÏR project (2019-2021), which structures the technical and software organisation plan of its product: the Smart Energy Hub. While Sylfen will deliver its firsts Smart Energy Hubs in 2020, the R&D road-map aims at launching the first industrial version of the product by the end of…Read More
On October 8th, Sylfen participated to the award ceremony of the EARTO Award, which took place in Brussels. During this ceremony, we had the honor of receiving the Innovation of the Year award, in the category “Impact Expected”, for our Smart Energy Hub integrating the rSOC technology (developed in collaboration with the CEA Liten of…Read More
Our innovative product is part of the effective solutions for a successful energy transition, and has received the Solar Impulse 1000 Solutions label.Read More
The SMARTHyES (SMART Hydrogen Energy Storage) demonstrator finalized by CEA-Liten and Sylfen in April 2018 incorporates three major advances in the road-map from a laboratory technology to a commercial productRead More
Sylfen joined the Smart Buildings Alliance in June 2017. We share the same vision on the role of the building in energy transitionRead More
The members of the BigBooster Jury nominated the three winners, including Sylfen in the Global Impact categoryRead More