Don’t worry, work happy, store energy !
Sylfen is a start-up from the french institute CEA-Liten of Grenoble. It was created in June 2015, and is supported by EIT InnoEnergy (European cluster). We have already contracted the sale of a first unit to be delivered in 2017.
Make possible a world where we can rely on local and renewable source of energy.
We are developing fully-integrated energy storage and production solutions for buildings and eco-districts that want to cover their needs with complete peace of mind from local and renewable sources. Our Smart Energy Hub allows to adjust the energy production of a building to its consumption thanks to its high capacity storage (> 1MWh) in the form of hydrogen associated with batteries.
To achieve this, we are relying on a breakthrough innovation in the field of energy: a reversible Solid Oxide Cells (rSOC) technology. This technology benefits from more than 10 years of R & D conducted at the CEA-Liten in Grenoble and is protected by more than 20 Patents of which Sylfen holds an exclusive worldwide license.
In order to prepare for the next phases of industrialization and development, Sylfen is recruiting a:
R&D Process Engineer - Based in Chambéry, France
Passionate about innovative industrial processes, you only have a few weeks to set up a pilot workshop with the CEA teams to make the first versions of our core product including the breakthrough rSOC technology. To spice up your position, you must also imagine in parallel our future industrial production lines.
Your job consists in:
Ensuring the skill-transfer from CEA to Sylfen
- By participating alongside the CEA teams in the production of rSOC stacks via the laboratory tools
- By solving with the CEA teams the production problems that will be encountered
Define, install and operate the pilot workshop
- By defining the means of production, specifying and supplying them
- By defining the procedures and the means of acceptability of the optimized tests according to the evolution of the maturity of the processes
- By piloting the relationship with industrial partners and subcontractors of Sylfen on the industrialization and sourcing of stack components
Produce the necessary stacks in Sylfen (Alpha, beta, R & D, spares)
- By operating the pilot workshop with the Sylfen teams
- Driving suppliers in terms of deadlines, costs and quality
- By identifying and leading actions to improve production
- By proposing to the CEA the evolutions of the product necessary to the improvement of the quality, the reduction of the cycle times of manufacture, ...
Manage the pilot team
- By ensuring the development of adequate and complementary skills
- By piloting the Sylfen production team
- By coordinating cooperation with the CEA teams
Define the production line for stacks (end 2019)
- By implementing an overall process analysis at different target production scales (pilot scale, multi-MW scale, GW scale)
- By identifying and analyzing key performance indicators (component sourcing, production rate, quality, cost of production)
- Taking into account the anticipated evolutions of stack design (size, number of cells ...)
- By realizing a pilot line file and a file of industrialization of the stack in anticipation of the 2nd fundraising of Sylfen
You have at least 5 years of production management experience in a pilot workshop. You have ideally participated in the opening of a factory, you know how to define and optimize the flows, define a new production line and the associated methods. You master the techniques of Lean Management, 5S, Six Sigma, you have already managed teams and know the problems in mechanics, hydrogen and thermal management.
At Sylfen, we appreciate open, enterpreuneurs, leaders, who come out of their comfort zone, who are not afraid to invest and who loves to evolve as a team!
Position to be filled in September / October 2017.
Please send your application to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.