Don’t worry, work happy, store energy !
Sylfen is a start-up from the french institute CEA-Liten of Grenoble. It was created in June 2015, and is supported by EIT InnoEnergy (European cluster). We have already contracted the sale of a first unit to be delivered in 2017.
Make possible a world where we can rely on local and renewable source of energy.
We are developing fully-integrated energy storage and production solutions for buildings and eco-districts that want to cover their needs with complete peace of mind from local and renewable sources. Our Smart Energy Hub allows to adjust the energy production of a building to its consumption thanks to its high capacity storage (> 1MWh) in the form of hydrogen associated with batteries.
To achieve this, we are relying on a breakthrough innovation in the field of energy: a reversible Solid Oxide Cells (rSOC) technology. This technology benefits from more than 10 years of R & D conducted at the CEA-Liten in Grenoble and is protected by more than 20 Patents of which Sylfen holds an exclusive worldwide license.
In order to prepare for the next phases of industrialization and development, Sylfen is recruiting a:
Thermal and Fluidic R&D Engineer - Based in Chambéry, France
As a real goldsmith in engineering science, an expert in fluidic and thermic processes, you will dream of hydrogen, natural gaz and steam. You will have a few months only to design and validate the Smart Energy Hub modular system, directly contributing to make Sylfen the world leader in energy efficiency.
Your job is to:
Ensure skill transfert from the CEA institute to Sylfen:
- By appropriating the thermal and fluid considerations that led to the current development of the system;
- By taking over the R&D operations undertaken by the CEA on the fluid and thermal line of the reversible SOFC / SOEC system
Defining and validating a multi-stack modular system
- Within the product development team, defining the respective impacts of stack designs on system performance;
- By leading the workshop around definition of the key components of the system for their thermal and fluidic functions: overheating loops, high temperature exchangers, steam generator, post-combustion, pre-reformer, heat recovery exchangers, recirculation loop;
- By integrating in this workshop all the thermal and fluidic lines upstream and downstream of the system (hydrogen compression / storage unit, heat recovery, gas supply, nitrogen tank);
- By taking into account the necessity of system that is modular;
- By helping to identify the test conditions and means required for validation of the components upstream of their integration (at suppliers, in-house Sylfen or partners);
- By participating in the validation of the design of the Sylfen units and their experimental qualification (definition of the instrumentation to be embarked, analysis of the results).
Define, develop and qualify SOFC / SOEC design evolutions
- By defining, in conjunction with the other members of the product development team, the performance and functionality (integration) of the thermal and fluidic components in the form of a road map
- By proposing and carrying out internally or by conducting the external realization of R & D actions to meet these evolving needs
- By validating all the developments, in a strategy of design to performance and design to cost
As a general engineer (Master degree), you have at least 5 years of experience in fuel cell system design, rSOC, thermal and fluid engineering. You have an excellent technological knowledge and have already contributed to patent filing.
At Sylfen, we appreciate open profiles, entrepreneurial, leaders, that come out of their comfort zone, who are not afraid to invest and who likes to evolve as a team.
Position to be filled in October 2017.
Please send your application to the following address: email@example.com
Expert de la modélisation de procédés, vous avez seulement quelques mois pour mettre en équations le fonctionnement d’un système multiphysique dynamique afin de contribuer à l’optimisation de sa conception et de son pilotage. Heureusement, des Téra de données vous arriveront en temps réel pour vous permettre de valider vos hypothèses !Lire plus >
Orfèvre des sciences de l’ingénieur, expert des procédés thermiques, fluidiques et chimiques, vous vous alimentez en hydrogène, gaz naturel et vapeur d’eau et aurez quelques mois pour concevoir et valider en équipe le Smart Energy Hub modulaire de Sylfen, avant d’en faire la solution leader mondiale en terme de rendement énergétique.Lire plus >